- King salmon harvested in 2009: 316
- Annual average of kings harvested in the 10 years before 2009: 35,027
- Summer chum salmon harvested in 2009: 170,272
- Annual average of chums harvested in the 10 years before 2009: 63,341
- 2009 value of Yukon commercial fishing (summer chums and kings) for the fishermen: $556,256
- Annual average fishery value to fishermen for the 10 years before 2009: $2.3 million
The summary Stats from The Tundra Drums. Here's the original source. There's not much positive spin you can put on it. The monetary value is almost exclusively from chum salmon - 20k of the 2009 sum is from kings.