Friday 12 March 2010

WTF, Austrailian reserachers! WTF!

I subscribe to Barking Up the Wrong Tree, which is a blog of random psych abstracts of varying interest. The blogger is big into behavioural economics, which I like. I like science in general. A lot. :)

Anyhow, I wasn't going to blog anything today - I'm on vacation, and I'm trying to find a cheaper fix for my ex-truck (maybe I should ride my snowmachine into work?). But I glanced at this abstract, and went !!! Read the first bit of the methods:
Tourists at the Koorana Saltwater Crocodile Farm in Coowonga, Queensland, Australia, including 62 males and 41 females, aged 18–66 (M = 34.2, SD = 13.3), were randomly assigned to play a laptop-simulated Electronic Gaming Machine (EGM) either: (1) prior to entry, or (2) after having held a 1-m saltwater-crocodile.
So, either you play slots, or they HAND YOU A CROCODILE, and then you play slots.

Remind me not to gamble in Austrailia! O.O!!

Australia:

2 comments:

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

Oi, what's yer problem mate? An Aussie squealer can handle them little baby salties with no worries.

Ya silly girlie galah.

Professor Preposterous said...

I hate to ask what they were measuring.


Click for Fairbanks, Alaska Forecast