Tuesday 2 September 2008

Beer Notes - Dead Guy Ale

I had this after dinner, and slogging through the backlog of dishes. Some people want running water for the showers. I'd rather have running water for the dishes. Call me crazy. :)

I sat by the window watching the snowshoe hares and shrews rather than listen to the news on the radio - a fine finish to Labour Day, I hope. There's so many hares about I'll be dropping snares all over the property this winter. There's so many of them, I could probably throw rocks and hit them.

Anyhow, again, I got the bottle from Goldhill Liquor, back in the cold room. First set of shelves to the right.
Dead Guy Ale, by Rogue Ales Brewery
The pour is thin, forming a cloudy copper brown brew with a thin head that quickly dissipates. Odour lacks complexity, with a sharp, citrus element. The hops are present, but not prominent. The taste is fairly omnidirectional, with the aforementioned citrus zing, and a light bitterness to finish. The body is light, and tends not to linger on the pallet. The beer is fairly sweet, though more in a fruit sense than saccharine. It drinks easily, and with its alcohol content, refuses to be a heady beer. Overall: B-

No comments:


Click for Fairbanks, Alaska Forecast