Friday 24 April 2009

Briefly

I'm feeling markedly unwell today (heart burn), and exhausted to boot, so I'm going to be brief.

Usually, I have ads turned off, thanks to a plugin. But today, I had the plugin turned off to watch a few hockey highlights (Go wings!), so I saw this on the DNM website today:
Is it just me, or does that look real old timey? So old that you have to spell it olde. When I saw it, I thought of this places' adverts (They are satire, by the way).

The skull from last week was a Ringed Seal (Pusa hispida), or Nayiq. I love that one, because someone - someone who is not me - wrote nayiq right on the label. I just imagine all the students seeing that and wondering what that's supposed to mean.

I'd throw up a new museum specimen for you all, but it seems interest in that is waning (or was never really there).

2 comments:

dragonfly said...

I liked the specimen quiz, though I'm weak on skull morphology.

Feel better, it's the weekend, hooray.

TwoYaks said...

Maybe I'll throw up some skins preps and field shots I got, mixed in with the skulls.

Hooray, weekend!


Click for Fairbanks, Alaska Forecast