- An increase in the number of Ice Breakers and Coast Guard facilities.
- Research on oil spill recovery in the high arctic.
- Offshore Royalties for Alaskan Oil.
- Health research on Diabetes, HBP, and Alcoholism.
- Ratifying the Convention on the Law of the Sea.
- Ratify the Treaty on Persistent Organic Pollutants.
What, exactly, on that list makes Begich more Socialist than Stevens?
I recently got to know someone who grew up in East Germany, and I'm really beginning to feel that these people throwing around the word "Socialism" don't really know what the word means. I imagine a scene from that movie, The Princess Bride:
Vizzini: HE DIDN'T FALL? SOCIALIST!I don't think Begich will see much action on any of his bills, and they'll mostly sit around until the term expires. That, alas, is the fate for most bills
Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.