Sunday 27 July 2008

Salmon Bake


For you eating delight: Dill Salmon bake, from Cathy at Keeping it Real. It sounded far better than what I had planned for dinner (left over moose and gravy over instant spuds) so I gave it a whirl. It was very, very good. @E, who lives on the lower Y-K, says she's heard of the recipe before, leading me to wonder: Why didn't anyone tell me before! :D Not the best beer to have with it, by the way. I'd recomend something a tad lighter, with out the bitter. Maybe something Macro (god forbid!). You're looking for a clean, light flavour to go with this, something that won't linger on the pallet too long before going on its merry way.

2 comments:

CabinDweller said...

I'd say Silver Gulch's summer weizen. (Although, frankly, I no longer consider this summer. Smells like fall. Feels like fall. Dammit.)

But the summer weizen is nice, a filtered Heffie, that wouldn't overpower a nice dish like this.

TwoYaks said...

I haven't had much from Silver Gulch - most of their brews are on my to-do list. I've been working my way down my wish list of Belgians the last little bit! But I fully intend to - I want to get some of their summer seasonals before they stop making them for the year!


Click for Fairbanks, Alaska Forecast