Thursday 6 November 2008

Beer Notes from Tuesday

I got enough time to scribble down some notes on a new beer, before becoming too intoxicated to properly review. I asked a friend to surprise me with something (he owed me a beer), and so he bought a Pitcher of Rainier Lager, by Pabst in Texas. It's good to get surprised with stuff. I just wish I got surprised with something else. ;)


It took me a few seconds to figure out what the beer aspired to be: a) cheap and b) easily drunk. It excels at both of these. The taste is watery, and inoffensive. There's a slight bite to the after taste, but nothing that remains for anymore than the most fleeting of instants. The beer is clear, straw coloured, and carries a high head long after its been poured. While I consider this above others that attempt the same qualities, such as `Miller Light,` neither its watery flavour nor its nondescript mouthfeel are much to brag about. It is definitely better when cold, so to lightly numb the mouth and prevent you from picking up on the corn taste.

Skip this, and try other macros. D+, 2.4/5.

2 comments:

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

I'm relieved to know you didn't have to pay for that bilge water...

TwoYaks said...

Sometimes, bilge water turns out great! Okay, weird example. But yeah, sometimes when you try new things, you get burnt. On the other hand, I've discovered some awesome things by trying random beers that no one else drinks. How will I know I don't like it if I don't try it? :}


Click for Fairbanks, Alaska Forecast