Monday 15 February 2010

Robotic Snowplow

First: Today, I saw a Japanese couple discussing dish towels in detail at Fred's. I don't know what they were saying (My Japanese is limited to counting to ten, and saying "Do you speak Japanese?"), but they seemed to be having the most engrossing discussion of dish towels known to mankind, because they were still discussing them 45 minutes later.

How does this have anything to do with the title of this post?

Because I've come to the conclusion that Japan doesn't do anything in half measures. Witness, the robotic snowplow:
 
It's called the Yuki-Taro. It eats snow, and poops out little bricks of compressed snow. Much like WALL-E. Most places would be satisfied with a shovel, or maybe even a plow attached to a truck. Not Japan. They have to go out and build a snow eating robot.  

I have little to add to that, so here's a random picture from this weekend. You can see my shadow! My anonymity is gone!

No comments:


Click for Fairbanks, Alaska Forecast