Saturday 11 October 2008

Aaakward.

Yesterday, after the department's usual seminar, I went to their little happy-hour after the fact. I usually don't go, because I'm headed straight home. But yesterday, I was trying to corner someone, who wasn't there. Go figure!

Anyhow, while I was there, I ran into a guy I was told by @Da to meet, while I'm working out of UAF. We'll call him Mister. I heard Mister talking to a new grad student, and I asked, `Oh, are you Mister?` He said, `Yep. Who are you?` `Oh, I'm KC. It's a pleasure to finally meet you. @Da told me to say hi when I see you.` We shook hands, and he stood there silently for a moment. Finally. `Who's @Da?`

@Da talked about Mister as if the two knew eachother quite well. I tried to explain who @Da was to Mister, but Mister didn't seem to recognize him no matter how much detail I went into.

Finally, `Oh. I guess you don't know him.` `Or I forgot him.` came the reply. There was much shuffeling of the feet, and checking of the watches.

Akward.

No comments:


Click for Fairbanks, Alaska Forecast