Monday 27 October 2008

As a friend from bethel just said, "Wholy Sit."

So, It turns out Mark Begich just won the election 12 votes to 0. Congrats to him, I guess. There's a minute chance that voters will re-elect Teddy anyhow, but I think it's so vanishing that it barely merits mention. Even if he does make it, the senate can expel him, forcing a special election (Palin can't appoint the new senator, as a reminder).

Between him and the struggles Don is facing, both electorially and from criminal investigation, are we going to see a near total changing of the guard? It's hard to imagine, but it looks like we're edging on it. I, honestly, had my doubts that this would go this far, because of how bungled it was by the FBI - Stevens has ample fodder for appeals from now until the day he dies. Now that it's actually done, it's about as surreal as the whole Palin-as-VP thing.

I guess, one thing is for sure, it'll be nice in a few weeks to get some of the national spotlight off our fair home. I doubt Ted'll go quietly, but things should have died down just a little.

No comments:


Click for Fairbanks, Alaska Forecast