Monday 11 May 2009

Star Trek!

I'm not much of a Trek-nerd, though I did watch episodes with the family once upon a life - my Father, among all his faults, is a sometimes geek - so I didn't have anything invested in the new Star Trek film. On Friday, as a reward to myself for getting a huge amount done at work, I bought some tickets to one of our two local theatres. Yeah, that's right. Fairbanks has two! How do you like that, Bethel?!

Okay, one of them is actually a bar that they sometimes show old movies in. And it's in Ester.

So, I watched the Trek movie, and I have to say, I liked it. It's not very... cerebral, I guess, is the word I'm looking for. It doesn't call for much deep thought. There's no monologue on the human condition, and the techno-babble is kept to a minimum. But it was a fun little movie, and if you get access to a theatre in the next few weeks-months, it's worth the ticket.

I like how they made everything so shiney. It was very Flash-Gordan.

Picture credit: Paramount Pictures.

2 comments:

Finnskimo said...

My husband says he wants to watch it, does that tell you much about him!? :)

Next time we're in the "city" we have a list. We're those villagers who go to Fandango, and print out the entire movie section for the entire day, and pay for one set of tickets for each of us...and stay ALL DAY! Yup, we are. Its great.

gpc said...

I can't figure out how to comment on your next post - the bird question - since I did so well on 'gerbil,' I need to submit my great guesses of (female) mallard and sandpiper (I'm still thinking about the 3rd one!)


Click for Fairbanks, Alaska Forecast