- Sin nombre hanta virus prevalence among deer mice in Colorado is currently low.
- Sin nombre hanta virus prevalence in CO doesn't follow a elevational gradient, either(?!?!).
- Our niche modelling for wolf lice in AK might be trained by the distribution and abundance of lice in the lower 48.
- ... but it might also not.
- The army doesn't like the delta herd bison 100%, because their calving grounds are protected.
- Bison have calving grounds! And site fidelity!
- I found someone who studied Sitka Black Tailed Deer dispersal, but one of my co-authors aready knew about him,.
- The name Thor is pronounced `Tor.`
- The Army keeps staff wildlife biologists.
- Germany has a very different university system.
- Germany's politics are radically controlled by American politics, and American political decisions.
- The Germans don't know why so many Germans visit Alaska.
- We've got high hopes for the GMU 20A controlled burn.
- Sea Otters go straight to hypothermia if they can't groom their pelt for even a short period...
- ... or even if they can't groom an area the size of a quarter.
Thursday, 25 June 2009
ASM Day 1, bullet point style.
Day one of the conference is over - 6 more to go. I made it a point, yesterday, to meet someone new at the ASM social. Here's some new things I learnt from new people after I had a few glasses of liquid courage: