Thursday 2 July 2009

late

Notice I'm late with today's post-o-blog? That's because I'm officially on vacation. We get two days off before the fourth, because too many holidays fall on weekends this year. Or something like that. I'm not going to question a good thing, since I'm eating at my own home for a change! I'm now minus one graduate student, as he's now Dr. Jerk, Ph.D. ;) Also, thanks to my father, who I called about making BBQ sauce. A quick way to modify sauce is to take the craft stuff, add 1 part vinegar for 10 parts kraft sauce, and cumin to taste. Everyone at the Ph.D. defence potluck loved the pulled-venison. It didn't hurt that 90 people brought beer, and I brought actual food...

Anyhow, I might not be around tomorrow, or monday. I'm looking at heading down river to fishcamp, to see if I can get enough in my freezer until I can get out for caribou.

2 comments:

dragonfly said...

Have a great time!

gpc said...

How can you be on vacation when the governor resigns?! I came here immediately as soon as I heard!


Click for Fairbanks, Alaska Forecast