Monday 13 July 2009

Some pictures from the 4th Weekend

I took a few pictures last weekend, a few of which are going to get put in my pictures rotation. Here's a few that didn't make the cut...

The guy I was with insisted pretty much each peak on the Denali highway was Denali. It was too funny. :)
I had never driven to Valdez before, and I really liked the high mountain passes. I imagine they're a pain in the winter...
This is Homer about 4:45ish in the morning. So beautiful!
The Denali highway pictures have a lot of them with balance issues. I tried to do some HDR shooting but there was too much wind, and so I could never make a good composite picture. A lot of my issues would be solved if I went back before green-up or after the first snowfall and shot then.

1 comment:

dragonfly said...

Really beautiful pictures, I love the one of the water with the tree in the foreground. Looks like a nice trip :)

That drive to Valdez is lovely. Thompson's Pass is breathtaking, and Keystone Canyon is amazing. Did you take the standard pictures of Horsetail and Bridal Veil falls? I usually stick a kid or two in those for size reference, though now that they're making the trip on their own and taking their own pics.


Click for Fairbanks, Alaska Forecast